Krietz Auto is Proud to Be an NIADA Certified Pre-Owner Dealer
For years, auto manufacturers have sold Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles through their franchised dealer, offering high-quality used cars backed by a strong warranty. Not surprisingly, customers flocked to it, making CPO vehicles the hottest segment in the used vehicle market.
But Certified Pre-Owned is not only for franchised dealers. In 2004, the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association (NIADA) launched a new, leading edge CPO program, designed to allow independent dealers to offer their customers similar benefits to the manufacturers’ programs.
Here are a few facts about CPO, the NIADA CPO program and NIADA:
- Certified Pre-Owned vehicles have never been more in demand. Some 2.55 million CPO vehicles were sold in 2015, the most ever in a single year, according to Autodata Corp. That’s 10.8 percent more than the previous record of 2.3 million, set in 2014. In fact, 2015 was the fifth consecutive year of record CPO sales. Economists from both Cox Automotive and Edmunds.com have projected CPO sales of 3 million in 2016, which would be another record.
- According to the 2014 Autotrader CPO Study, 50 percent of used car shoppers said they would consider buying a CPO vehicle from the beginning. Once they learned the definition of what CPO really means, that number rose to 69 percent.
- The same study showed the top reasons consumers choose CPO vehicles are: the value compared to a new vehicle, the warranty and the peace of mind provided by the warranty and multi-point inspection.
- CPO customers consistently rank highest in customer satisfaction. The Autotrader study found 75 percent of CPO vehicle owners are “very satisfied” with their CPO experience.
- A recent study by Edmunds.com found 88 percent of the more than 2,000 consumers surveyed said they would pay more for a CPO vehicle than other used vehicles.
About NIADA CPO
- The NIADA CPO program offers high-quality used vehicles backed by a powerful warranty with nationwide reach and by NIADA, a national association whose more than 15,000 members are dedicated to integrity and subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics (insert and anchor here so that when click on code of ethics it takes them to the “Code of Ethics” section below)
- To become NIADA Certified, a vehicle must pass a thorough 125-point inspection that includes the engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, air conditioning/heating system, belts and hoses and much more. It must also undergo a vehicle history report to ensure clean operating history.
- NIADA CPO vehicles are backed by a worry-free limited warranty powered by Warrantech, an AmTrust Financial company rated A (excellent) by A.M. Best, the acknowledged authority for rating insurance companies. Warrantech is one of the top third-part administrators for manufacturer CPO programs.
- The program also offers benefits such as roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, towing service, lost key/lockout service and quick, reliable claims service.
- The NIADA CPO Program has also entered into a partnership agreement with CARFAX as the program’s preferred provider of vehicle history reports.
- The National Independent Automobile Dealers Association is among the nations’ largest trade associations, representing the used motor vehicle industry. NIADA represents some 15,000 member dealers in all 50 states.
- Since it was founded in 1946, NIADA has engineered programs and leveraged technology to fulfill its mission to advance, educate and promote the independent used car dealer.
- NIADA is committed to educating dealers on providing the highest quality service to their customers and staying in compliance with the laws and regulations governing the used vehicle industry. The association offers a wide range of training for dealers, including the annual NIADA Convention and Expo, NIADA Dealer 20 groups and the acclaimed Certified Master Dealer program.
- NIADA members pledge to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics based on duty, honor and integrity, and believe in the advancement of small business in support of the free-market system.
Niada Code Of Ethics
- We will have a general duty of integrity, honor and fair dealing toward the general public.
- We will comply with all city, county, state and federal laws and shall endeavor to keep ourselves informed of those laws governing our business.
- We will not intentionally injure the business reputation of another member or competitor.
- We will employ truth and accuracy in advertising and selling.
- We will stand behind any guarantee given with the sale of a motor vehicle.
- We will not perform any act which would bring disrepute or halt, where found, any scheme designed to deceive or defraud the automobile buying public and aid in prosecution those guilty of such acts.
- We will constantly strive to improve business methods to the end that the public will be better served.
- We will encourage the American system of free enterprise.